Wednesday 19 May 2010

A Result!

The Italian Moth Open at Champoine was a fantastic 4 day holiday for me and Kati (who was kite surfing). Lord Flashheart performed and I got my best result ever in a Moth Open. I even won a race because I was the only one to go through the gate on lap one. I ended up third overall and am bloody happy about that.



Here are the results. It was a mixed fleet of 17 boats training and racing over 4 days. 15 entered the regatta but Lucas hit a submerged tree on the way to the start and Giovanni had to retire with back problems.

The rest battled out in force 2-4 conditions. Matthias showed nearly untouchable pace and I had a good battle for 2nd with Francesco. He was definitely faster but I went the right way in race 4 and had a great result in race 3 when the wind dropped.



I learned lots and I still have loads to work on. (fitness, concentration, maneuvers, tactics, starts, small mods to my boat, foil finish...) but I am very happy to be racing again and not boat repairing or going significantly slower than everyone. The last time a raced was in Walchensee and that is where things started to finally click in to place.



I was worried that Lord Flashheart would be outdated already but this is totally the wrong attitude for Flashheat.

3 comments:

Adam May said...

Congratulations sir! - Woof Woof!

Unknown said...

good job, Doug. now your news Italian friends wait you for the next race in Dongo!!

ciao Andrea

Alan said...

Hi Doug,

Well done, good to see the boat is still competitive, they seem to be getting outdated much too quickly recently.

keep at it.

Alan

PS, will the Lord be making it's way to Belmont?

Message end.