Friday 18 May 2007

The Winds Gods are laughing again.

Last weekend the was a 4bf-6bf all weekend and all week the wind has been good, unfortunately I had no Moth time. Thursday was a holiday and it was blowing 5bf in the morning. Finally some flying time looked likely. So Martin and I headed to Weiden to hook up with Niki. As we arrived the wind started to drop and by the time we launched there was none.

Niki is a cat sailor so I was not expecting much light wind Moth balancing skills from him. However I quickly realized balancing is his thing as he rode 200m on one wheel of his mountain bike and showed me his model helicopter that he flies upside down...!

The wind filled in a bit and there were a few nice gusts so we all got a bit of a sail. However unfortunately there was not quite enough wind to get the boat up in the air.

Launching at Weiden was easy as it gets deep(1.4m) fast so we could carry the boat in with the foils locked in position. There is less silt so the bottom is harder. I am not sure if this is good or bad yet...



It was a fun day but that first flight since Denmark is still escaping me so my Garda preparation is about as good as my preparation for Denmark...

On the plus side it gave Martin and Niki enough practice to are able to sail around in light winds with no real problems so they should be able to control the boat when the wind Gods stop pissing around. Of course I am back a work today and there is a steady 4bf...