Saturday 10 January 2009

Holy Shit that is fast.


Niki invited Kati and me to have a go at Ice Sailing, and wow.... If anyone thinks that wind is not a viable energy source they should have a go in one of these.

These DN things and ice surfers just generate their own power like a chain reaction perpetual motion machine that just goes faster and faster..... Unbelievable...



This DN was built 20 years ago by Niki's father and is a very nice toy.



The lake was full of people on various ice sailing toys from kites to DN yachts. It really is a great playground for those that do not go through the ice...

It was a great day out apart from me losing my wallet. This however gives me a new game. I tell people I have lost my wallet then they ask me "where?" and I just stare at them for about 4 seconds until they say "sorry that was a stupid question".

3 comments:

Bora Gulari said...

Yes Ice is great.

Koos said...

Hmm, I could build that in the cycle shed...

Alan said...

Hey Doug,

I'm doing a bit of catch up on my reading material.
Congratulations on your engagement.

Any idea how fast you went? I plan to have a go at it soon (whilst in Finland) and I'm going to take my GPS. But I need to find my contact for the guy who has one locally.

Cheers,